Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Weston's First Birthday



So today is the day that I have been so excited about for so long. It is Weston's first birthday and it is very bitter sweet because my baby has suddenly become a toddler who is no longer considered my tiny baby boy. However, I was looking forward to this day until last night when my birthday boy woke up with a temperature of a 103.6 and wanted nothing to do but scream. We had taken him to the doctor earlier in the day who informed us that it was only viral and it just had to take it's course and there was nothing we could do....great. So the doctor asked me if I was giving him any medicine to help reduce his fever which I was. However, I learned last night that my "baby" weighs a whopping 23 pounds and needs a high dose than what I was giving him. Yes, I know Weston is a good eater...but 23 pounds! Jeesh, I hope he slows down once he masters this walking business. So last night I gave him his high dose, which was not working so at 2 in the morning I decided to give him a luke warm bath to help his fever go down. Well, Weston wanted nothing to do with it and I am surprised he didn't wake up the entire apartment complex with his high pitched screaming. Last night I think we all got a max of 3 hours of sleep between rocking, baths, and just trying to get our little boy comfortable. His fever is now at 101 which still stinks but is a lot better than what it was. I feel so bad and to be honest he has been miserable all day long. Thank goodness he doesn't understand its his birthday cause I would feel that much worse. So his birthday will consist of lots of cuddling, Baby Einstein, reading books, and just hanging with mom on the couch.:(


The good news is we celebrated his birthday last Thursday with family so my mom could be at his party before she leaves. We had such a fun time, and Weston was clueless what was going on but he still had fun and I am SO THANKFUL that we got to experience a birthday party. Here are some pictures of the party.


Right before his party he decided to take 10 steps to grammy and me! I was so proud of him!

I made a caterpillar cupcake cake that was so fun and everyone loved. I decided to have fun and tie dyed the cupcakes which were a lot of fun.


Everyone started to sing Happy Birthday to Weston and he had no idea why everyone was looking at him, let along singing to him. However, he loves attention and had fun being the center of it.


Weston is going through a stage right now where he is terrified of certain toys and sounds. Gramma Poffenberger has a Santa Clause that laughs and Weston is just scared to death of. As he was eating his cake she turned it on, and this is the reaction he gave when he heard the toy.

Once the toy was turned off he continued stuffing his face with his yummy cake.


He had so many presents and didn't have a clue what to do with them. He wanted nothing to do with unwrapping them so his cousins helped him and had just as much fun as he did.

He loves the Lego's and wheelbarrow that my mom gave him. Let's just say this kid has so many toys and Christmas is right around the corner. Half the time he just wants to play with items that aren't even toys so sometimes I wonder why we even try entertaining him with toys,lol. I think it is time to start rotating toys and putting some away;) Overall, it was a fun night and thanks everyone who made it special!!!




1 comment:

  1. Poor Weston!! Hope he's feeling lots better. He's the cutest little boy!

    ReplyDelete